budapest

budapest

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Never thought I would miss this soo much (until i had it in Great Britian)...

English!! being understood/understanding others without even trying was such a great feeling! Though I did catch myself a few times trying to speak German to some English folks, that might be a problem when I first get home...

American pizza ... the last night to get out of the cold we decided to eat dinner at Pizza Hut... European pizza is ver good (WAY less cheese, and it is a thin crust) but not the same.

pepperoni ... I don't think they know what peperoni is here in Austria... They are definetly missing out.

Hamburgers!!! I don't even remember the last time I had a real hamburger... the one I had when I was stuck in Canada was AWFUL... it was like a sausage patty on a bun, nicht gut! We went out to dinner the second night at this restraunt, and you could tell we were Americans, and that we hadn't had a burger in a REALLY long time (except those who cheat and go to McDonalds or Burger King down by the train station). All 7 of us ordered a burger and fries.

free unlimited refills ... the greatest! not a luxury that we have here in Austria

Soda ... Ok so I have soda in Austria (the cheap off brand kind... its not that bad, but not the same), but the soda over here is WAY different... I can't even explain it. It is really sweet. I had a diet coke at the movie theater, and I couldnt even tell it was diet... When I took the first sip I was like WHOAH ... I am not sure I like it. And when we got to Munich we found a place that sold Mountain Dew! We were all shocked, the boys totally cleaned that place out of Mt Dew.

movies... in English. HP7 was the first movie I have seen since I left. Even just having the opportunity to go to a movie that we could understand was great let alone it being Harry Potter!

TV... havent watched a television show from a TV in three months... at the hostel they had friends on and we all just kind of sat and stared (even thoguh I have never really watched friends before).

No comments:

Post a Comment