WOW, chocolate was harder to spell than it should have been... the German is growing on me. (chocolate - Schokolade, close enough right?)
Anyways... so atleast for like the past 2 weeks I have been on a sugar/caffeine high and it is NOT good. It all started when midterms came around (ok it started before that but I don't have a good excuse as to why)... they kind of just snuck up on us. We were all busy planning our break when all of a sudden the profs were telling us what to study (vaguely of course... not a fan of this European way of schooling, grades based on 2 tests - and they dont really give you a good study guide, especially the German proff). Of course our program leader prof Ohm decided that the weekend before midterms was a great weekend to go to Vienne... NOT. Well, midterms came and went... they were ok i guess, as good as can be expected when studying the night before.
Back to the addiction. Well, I had taken up eating chocolate and drinking diet coke (well the austrian version anyways) to stay up and study, but I didnt quit after midterms... bad choice. After midterms came break, and the first few days involoved getting up early to catch a train or plane and staying up late, so I needed the caffeine. Well, some time in Rome, where I didn't have chocolate, I got a huge headache... NOT GOOD. SO I had to go to the grocery store and get some coke - that and we were soo exhausted from walking around all day that we needed caffeine so we didnt crash at 7 o'clock.
Now, somehow I have to ween myself off this caffeine addiction before the chaos starts again... NO FUN.
No comments:
Post a Comment