budapest

budapest

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mom you would be proud

So last night we went to this Mozart concert up at the Festung and there was a dinner before hand. Let me tell you it was a pretty classy place. We all had to dress up and everything. Well anyways, the food was well... interesting to say the least.




We started off with bread (no pic cause that's just boring). Then we had this very interesting appetizer type deal... It was like green leafy things and some beats and some stuff all mixed together in a gelatin type deal (like chopped meat and vegetables). It looked gross, and tasted even grosser, but I tried it... and there's proof in the pics (there mom you happy?).



After that we got this soup type deal... I wasnt sure what to think becuase I am not a fan of creamy soups. But I ate like a third of it. Next came the main course. I had salmon and potatoes. That was good. Then the dessert.... SOO COOL. They made a treble clef out of powdered sugar, and there was pistachio ice cream (suprisingly good) and this baked thing with chocolate inside (we were all plesently suprised when we found the chocolate!) and rum cherries. I very much enjoyed this dessert (besides the cherries, cough medicine kind of ruined cherries for me).

After dinner we went to the concert. Very good. And for one of the songs they brought out an alpen horn... SO COOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment