budapest

budapest

Friday, October 8, 2010

Sports with the boys.

Ok, so the boys in our program outnumber the girls almost 2:1. And they love sports. They love to play and love to watch sports (even willing to get up at 2am, or just stay up all night to watch Vikings, Packers and Twins games... crazy i know). Well Chris brought his American football and his fußball (aka soccer ball) with him. We regularly went out and played football when it was not raining or the field wasn't too wet.

Well recently we discovered the joy of fußball... We ( me, Chris S, Chris P and Chris P's roomate Barteck from Poland) went out and played for like an hour yesterday and it was a blast. We found this new field to play on, it's not as wett and slippery, but it hurts alot more when you fall (I fell quite a bit).

Today I went out with both Chris's, Leaf, Jack, some other kid I dont remember his name (all from the U.S.) and Connor from Ireland. We headed to the field that we were at last night playing, but when we got there there were a bunch of little Austrian boys (ages lik 6-10) playing. So we asked if we could play and they said sure. So we played the 7 of us big kids vs all the little ones (at one point there were 11 of them playing). They were actually quite good, but we still beat them. I was proud that I was able to understand alot of what they were saying (or learned to understand) except when they spoke in dialect and really fast. We played for over 2 hours, it was great! Overall it was a good way to end the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment