budapest

budapest

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

adventures in ice skating

So last weekend,the snow was beckoning us to go outside and play in it, whil we were supposed to be doing homework... Of course we decided to go out. We went out into the altstadt where one of the Christkindl markts are and went ice skating at this little ice rink. It was so much fun. We skated, a few people, not so well and had a snow ball fight with these 2 little Austrian kids, one of which could speak english  (and of course the video that I want to upload of them throwing snowballs at the boys wont...). And we came up with skating routines, which was hilarious, at one point we had quite an audience watching us skate/throw snowballs.

I can't even express how much I love snow... and then it snowing and us skating and the Christmas market!! And the children playing with us... it was great. A great way to avoid doing homework, a great way to spend a snowy afternoon. And the city looks so beautiful blanketed in snow. It was the first time I was able to enjoy it, the last time it snowed in Salzburg, we were heading out (to Rome).


the girls



 

the boys with the polar bear

the two little Austrian kids planning their attack...

Kate and the bear

Christkindl markt

me teaching Brady how to skate backwards

No comments:

Post a Comment