Longest week ever... If this week was a glimpse into what is the rest of the semester, I just want to quit now... Sunday was the best part of the week. I finally got all three of my roomates, went grocery shopping and we hung out, made dinner together then I went to St John's for the first time in 8 months... So exciting, Julie and I were practically jumping up and down with excitement as we boarded the link to St Johns. Then we went to mass, which was also great to be back to.
Classes started on Monday. So bright and early 7am, I got up and ready for the day, not very happy about being up that early. Then it was off to quantum mechanics... boy was that a wake up call. It is physics calculus and chemistry all wrapped up into one class... I haven't had calc (the stuff we are using) since senior year of high school and physics, well didn't learn much in that class thanks to the awful professor. SO... quantum is going to be an adventure, one that I wish wasn't so difficult.
Next it was off to Theology, that class should be interesting, but it will be alot of reading (which I don't have time for). After theo I was done for the day.. took a nap, which was glorious and started/resumed my homework, which took up a good chunk of the evening.
Tuesday was the second first day of classes (my even day classes). I had to get up at 630 that morn cause I had to catch the 730 bus to St Johns for micro... um, I dont remember alot of intro bio, and this could become a problem with this class and the one after - biochemistry...
The dreaded biochem... I have heard horrer stories about this class, and now I am in it... I have had the professor before, he has a very interesting teaching style to say the least. He is one of those people who is just too billiant to teach, he can't quite dumb it down enough for us to understand, so that will be quite a struggle as well as the material. I was so lost that first class. luckily we did a little of a refresher about DNA, RNA and proteins but then we jumped right in. After that I was free (usually would have lab - like on all even days, but not this cycle).
And the week continued on, alternating classes every other day and adding labs on even days. On wed, one of our friends that is leaving for South Africa for the semester came and visited and we all went to praise in the pub, which was fun (both seeing her and singing).
Finally the weekend arrived! Friday night we chilled and made cookies, then proceeded to eat alot of them and watched "Letters to Juliet", and pretty relaxing night, compared to the chaotic week that was classes and TONS of homework. Saturday morning was the best, although my body got me up at 830, I lounged around for a while watching TV on the internet before diving into my homework, then it was off to work.
Oh... and I didn;t mention this before but it was FREAKING COLD this week. Oh my goodness! one night the low was like -20 without the windchill (-40 with it) and there were 2 or three days that we didn't see above zero, it was no fun walking across St Johns to class those days, hopefully the coldest days are behind us.
No comments:
Post a Comment