budapest

budapest

Friday, September 17, 2010

I think I'm gonna like it here

Every day brings another adventure... I've been in Salzburg for just over 2 weeks. At first it was a bit overwhelming, had to figure out the bus system, where our classes were (I still dont think I could find my Philosophy class because the building is in the altstadt, and there are tons of nooks and crannys to get lost in) and get used to the fact that everyone speaks German ... and trying to communicate with my broken German has been testy at times. But it's getting better. I can get to three of my classes no problem and am starting to become familiar with the city. I still get turned around ALOT though.



The kids in my group are great (there are 16 of us from St Bens/St Johns, 10 boys and 6 girl) and we all get along wonderfully. We are really noisy compared to the Europeans though, I am sure they get annoyed with us. But we stick together as a group which is nice. Last weekend all but 2 of us, climbed (ok, half of the group hitch hiked half way up) Gaisburg, which was awsome. It was a VERY LONG hike and tiring, but we made it and the view from the top was AMAZING.


Yesterday we went up to the fortress that overlooks Salzburg. It was awsome. we learned about the history of Salzburg and about the archbishops that made significant contributions to the city. we also got another AMAZING view of the city and the surrounding mountains from the top of one of the towers of the festung (festung = fortress in German). It was another fun group adventure that we took on our afternoon free of classes.





Oh and that's another thing. I do LOVE my class schedule (not necessarily the classes though). I have 2 classes Mon, 3 Tues, 1 Wed, 1 Thurs and only have class on Friday if we have a program weekend (this weekend we don't). It is going to be a VERY hard adjustment next semester though...

No comments:

Post a Comment