budapest

budapest

Sunday, September 5, 2010







well... it took a while (cancelled flight and 2 early mornings in a row) but I finally made it to Europe! The 2 days we were there we were on the move from 9 till late into the night...but it was a blast. My favorite parts were St Paul's Cathedral, and Wicked.
My first full day, we did a walking tour and saw the highlights of main London, which was cool and educational. We learned alot, and saw alot of the famous landmarks of London (including the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace, in which the guard was playing Mamma Mia, which I thought was HILARIOUS and really cool). By the end of the tour we were getting rained on... it rains ALOT in London, kind of a bummer. I would totally live there if it didn't rain so much. But it was a great place to visit. I do wish we would have had more time there... and that I could have gone to Windsor Castle.
The second day was way more exciting. We went to St Paul's Cathedral... OMG it was AMAZING. I can't even describe it. I am in love with European Cathedrals. We spent 2 hours looking aroung, and we went to a Eucharist service there ... that was an adventure. We thought it was a Catholic church, until we noticed that it was a woman presiding... it followed the Catholic Mass very well, so we were all very confused... so we asked once it was over and found out that it was the Church of England (aka Anglican)!
We then visited a buch of landmarks including: the Millenium Bridge (the bridge in Harry Potter 6 that gets destroyed by the death eaters), Platform 9 3/4, the British Museum, the Tower of London (didn't get to go in, because the tour took 3 hours, and we got there too late :( ) the Tower Bridge and went to Evensong at Westminster Abbey (also Anglican). We then got changed and went to Wicked.... OMG it was AMAZING. I LOVED IT. It was a great end to our time in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment