This was my least favorite city that we visited... and it was really when the culture shock hit, that is for sure... but still had a blast :). We had almost 3 full days here. Again we began with a walking tour, that covered the highlights (only a little of which I remember because I was running off 2-3 hours of sleep becuase we went to bed super late the night before (not a good idea) and had to get up super early to catch our train). Then we went the Louvre in the evening, in which we saw the Mona Lisa and alot of other art work (What is with European artists and naked art work? It was getting a bit ridiculous...) and the Notre Dame. Oh and the painted ceilings at the Louvre... I am in love... soo cool, I want one :)
The next morning we slept in (greatly needed), then went to another art museum (not really my thing, one was ENOUGH, but...). Then we hiked up this HUGE hill to the Sacre Coeur Basilica... at the top you could see alot of Paris, but it was even more impressive inside... WAY COOL... huge mural above the alter, we sat and stared for like half an hour (way better than the Jesus mural in the Great Hall at St Johns). Then we went to the Eifel Tower and were there for like 2 1/2 hours... cool, but not the coolest thing in Paris.
The last day we went to mass at the Notre Dame and traveled to the Palace of Versailles... AMAZING... thats all I can say... wish we had palaces in the U.S. ... or even really old, really cool cathedrals.
No comments:
Post a Comment