There are sooo many coins in the Euro currency... theres the 1 cent, the 2 cent, the 5 cent, the 10 cent, the 20 cent, the 50 cent, the 1 euro and the 2 euro coins... I think that is a bit rediculous... and here the coins are actually worth something, (instead of just a quarter, you can have a 2 euro coin, which is nice i guess) but I keep forgetting that I have coins that are worth something, so they just keep piling up... not good, cause they get heavy. Luckily I have had ample opportunity to spend my change this weekend, with the bus down the mountain (that will be a later post) and a vending machine snack at the train station, I'm down to like only 7 Euro in change :). But still rediculous.
One cool thing that I found out yesterday is that the coins can have different pictures on them depending on what country they are minted in... the paper money is all the same. I found this really cool and couldn't believe I didn't notice it before (we had a discussion over lunch on our hike up the mountain and someone mentioned it).
No comments:
Post a Comment